Your fire extinguisher needs to be replaced when:
- The seal around the neck is weakened or broken down, allowing the compressed air to escape. This will lower the pressure in the fire extinguisher and cause it to malfunction.
- The chemical powder in your fire extinguisher settles on the bottom of and gets packed down. If this happens, a professional fire protection services company can empty and recharge your fire extinguisher so you won’t have to replace it.
- The hose or nozzle is cracked, ripped, or clogged.
- The pin is missing or unsealed.
- The handle is broken or wobbly.
- The inspection tag is missing.